Programming remote for sde by side HR 20s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Programming remote for sde by side HR 20s

I've had DirecTivos for years but to go HD I now have two Direct HR20-700S installed side by side. I use a Harmony 680 universal remote. I was always ablw to set up the DirecTivos so that the remote could instruct each unit individually but can't find any instructions on how to accomplish the same thing on the HR20's.

Any help would be appreciated!

Jim

You've come to the right place!

See our blog post about controlling two HR20s in the same room with unique codes. That'll get your units set with unique IDs, and then you can teach your Harmony to use each unit discreetly.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

That worked great! Now the remotes for the HR20-700S's can each control either of the units individually.

Now, if i could only figure out how to translate what I just did to the Harmonys!

Comment

The Harmonys should be able to learn the base code for the HR20s, either online, or with a quick learn. Then you can 'correct' the codes to the second unit by learning from the second remote. After a few IR inputs, the Harmony should figure out that the other HR20 uses the second code set.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X