noise and no green light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• noise and no green light

Hello--I have a Series2 with a second drive added (TwinBreeze) on that was making a whining noise. I assumed that it was the fan, since we'd replaced that a while ago and it took care of the noise problem, so I ordered a couple of fans from WeaKnees last night. But this morning, the TiVo was making a horrendous grinding noise and the green light wouldn't go on! Is this the hard drive(s), then? Should I try plugging it in again? If it is a hard drive problem, is there any way to recover the data from married hard drives? I've been looking for what info I can find but I'm still confused about what should be my next step.

ETA: ok, I went ahead and plugged it back in. still not sure if it's a fan or hard drive problem or both. Any thoughts? Can I replace married drives with a single drive if that's the problem?
    Last edited by Lark; 09-17-2007, 10:17 AM. Reason: more info

hey. sorry to hear about the rude noises. yes, you can replace the pair with a single. you might be able to save programming if you send the whole thing to us but i'd suggest calling to discuss.

as far as identifying the noise, you might try removing the lid and carefully plugging it back in a clutter (and cat) free zone so you can localize the grinding.

and let us know if you need any more help!
    That's all there is to it!

Comment

thank you! I am going to open it up tonight and figure out for sure if it's the fans or not.

Comment

Working...
      X