Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R10 Change Sat. azimuth in software

Hey,

For some mysterious reason we lost all our "Local Channels". From speaking with DirecTV tech. support one of the dishes is set to something like 72.5 degrees (for local channels) and the other is set to 101 degrees ( standard Satellite signal).

My question is, can I force my DirecTV Tivo (R10) to recognize or force it to use one dish at this angle (72.5) to allow local channels?

DirecTV has offered no solutions other than wanting to install an R15, which has been done and is able to receive our local channels. So the problem is with my R10 and or DirecTV has changed some settings at the main office. The odd thing is that the tech. guy tells me other customers (40 miles west of me) can receive local channels using only one dish, not two!!

I don't like the R15 any help very much appreciated!!

Gazelle <'/))))><
    Last edited by Gazelle; 09-20-2007, 03:05 PM.

I'm not sure why you've lost your locals, but it sounds to me like you got some bad info from the DTV rep. I'd suggest calling back and asking the next person to "rehit your access card." That should take care of it.
    That's all there is to it!

Comment

Boy I have

I have restarted it several times and DirecTV has reset things from their end at least twice. Today the service rep wiped the recorder clean, and started all over again, LOST EVERYTHING. That has not helped.

I am confused (unless DirecTV has a dark agenda to get everyone using their equipment) how it once was working and not it is not.

Perplexed!!
      Last edited by Gazelle; 09-20-2007, 03:06 PM.

Comment

That's really peculiar. We ship standard def TiVos for Directv daily to customers connecting them without incident. Did anything change about your set-up from the time the locals came in to the time they stopped?
        That's all there is to it!

Comment

storm

We did have a storm and everything did come back as in times past except locals.

I can record from both lines at the same time. Troubleshooting, I switched the lines on the 1 & 2 inputs on the back of the DVR, still works fine.

Thought it was the LNB, asked rep, but he said signals and everything outside check out fine.

The recorder can you believe was purchased on 8-20-06!! If I sent it back in to WK, could it get a check up? Could it be something internal? doesn't seem likely, but have virtually ruled out everything else. It was making a HDD noise the other day (after the Locals problem) and a simple reset fixed that but now that I begin to look back... doubt is rising up, perhaps it is the DVR.

Cant find any option in the software to manually change the degree on the local satellite 72.5 degrees.
          Last edited by Gazelle; 09-20-2007, 03:08 PM.

Comment

It's really not about where the satellite is - if the new unit can see it, the old one can too since the dish is properly aligned.

What software version do you have?
            Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Softwre Version

Version: 6.3e-01-2-521

Comment

I really have to believe this is a DirecTV programming issue. Your unit is fully capable of seeing more than one satellite dish, and getting those channels - and the proof, of course, is that it did before.

Comment

URRRRrrrrr

Its enabled, the Directv brand can see it and it shows up in our programming list. I don't know the extent of what has to be switched on or off or whatever. None the less, once the directvTivo receiver did and now it does not.

So, what has changed? Not anything on my end and directv is unwilling to do anything other than install new equipment.

What are my options at this point?

Comment

Have you tried a clear and delete everything?

Have you tried a new access card?

Comment

Yes and no. The Tech guy wiped it all out. Have not tried new access card.

DirecTV is trying to say that this is a piece of leased equipment and wanted me to ship it back to them. I informed them I purchased it at WK and was a high capacity recorder. They in turned wanted to know how much I paid for it. I can only guess they were trying to compare their product with mine in value. Why I have no idea. This just gets bizarre more and more.

The Tech guy formated or wiped the DVR but told me all my season passes were stored on DirecTVs hardware somewhere. He did all this while my wife was at home, I was in route from work while he did all this. I had purchased several movies, they were lost. My confidence in them is withering away. I have complained to DirecTV but all they say is well its too bad that it happened but we can't do anything about it.

I have pondered getting two Tivo standard Series 2 boxes (one for each line) and network them. I assume this is possible and will simultaneously record from DishNetwork/DirecTV. Would I need to subscribe to DVR service, if I do away with the combo DirecTV/Tivo box?

On a brighter note they have put in for a waiver to allow me to get the major networks, NBC, CBS & NBC etc... This will take approx. 45 days. If it goes through then I can switch back to the original Tivo DVR. Your article on "Their" brand is right on, the interface is awkward and clumsy. The current enhancements with the software upgrades add more Tivo like features, they were installed at installation. But as stated there are still other drawbacks. Tivo is more preferred, but DirecTV is developing software/UI rapidly. I hope Tivo will keep up!
                      Last edited by Gazelle; 09-22-2007, 09:12 AM.

Comment

My guess is that they'd at least refund you for the PPV movies if you asked them - their tech blitzed them, so it makes easy sense.

You could get two Series2 TiVos and network them and use them with Dish or DirecTV receivers. But you would have to pay TiVo fees directly to TiVo. And you'd only be able to record one channel at a time on each.

Finally, our understanding is that waivers almost never get approved anymore, but please tell us if yours turns out differently.

Comment

Working...
                        X