Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Directv DVR absolutely necessary for HD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You likely just have a 4x8 or 5x8 multiswitch now, and for the new dish, DirecTV will install a 6x8 multiswitch, and you can just use those same outputs for the HR10.

No new unit really comes close to the HR10, but the HR20 at least can do OTA:

http://www.weaknees.com/directv-hd-dvr.php
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Michael View Post
      do I understand this list correctly - does this mean that A&E (for example) will only be broadcast in MPEG4, therefore I will be unable to receive it if I have a reconditioned DirecTV TiVO? Or is there something I'm missing here?

Comment

It means that the HD version will only be in MPEG4, but any standard definition version would be viewable on your TiVo.

Comment

I just wanted to add my thoughts. Previously I had a HD Tivo, which I loved. I opted for the Directv box so that I could receive all the available HD channels. I hate the new box! I plan on looking at other options such as dish network or cable the second my current contract is over.

Comment

Cable with a TiVo HD is pretty great!

Comment

i here Tivo & Direct are back together

G'day, i here Tivo & Direct are back together , does this mean we can get a direct TV -Tivo HD DVR ? .
              Regards
              Aussiefox.

Comment

Yes, some time in late 2009, we're told.

Comment

2009, that's way to long to wait. DirecTV is already pasting 16x9 shows down the 4x3 path. If you watch 'Heros" with a 4x3 Tivo the left and right sides of the frame are cut off. This is happening more and more everyday.

Comment

You're right. Many customers are just getting the $199 unit to bridge the time between now and the new box's arrival.

http://www.weaknees.com/directv-hd-dvr.php

Comment

Working...
                    X