Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Series 3 upgrade question

Hi Jeff,

So, I still think I'm a little confused. It looks like if I want a 2TB drive in a TiVo series 3 with my programming and settings preserved you're saying:

1. Buy the 2TB drive at $249.99 (is that already set to install in the TiVo?)
    2. Buy the $95.00 "prep" fee.
    3. Buy the $35.00 service to copy programming/settings onto the new drive.

Do I have that right? Isn't the "prep" step redundant after purchasing the replacement drive in step 1, or is that just a bare drive? If it's just a bare drive, can I send my own?

Thanks again.

Nope - sorry.

Buy the drive kit for $249.99 and in the same order add the $79 Deluxe Professional Upgrade Service.

Then we'll email you info for sending your unit to us. Once we get it, we'll do the copy to the 2 TB drive, install it in your unit, and ship it back to you.
    Find us on Twitter and Facebook

Wow. Don't think I'd be willing to give up either of my TiVos for that long. What about ordering the $249.99 drive kit from you and copying the progams and settings myself once it's here? I know I don't have the ability to override the 1TB limit myself with any tools that are publicly available and am glad to pay for that, but shouldn't I still be able to read from/write to the drive once it's formatted?

Thanks again.

To do the copy yourself, you'd have to transfer shows to your PC, swap drives, and transfer them back.
    Find us on Twitter and Facebook