1 TB hard drive upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 TB hard drive upgrade

Wow, just received my upgrade kit for my Samsung s-4040r ...ordered the 300 GB drive and received a Hitachi 1 TB drive........................NOT.

The LABEL on the Sealed anti-static bag said Hitachi Deskstar...complete with part number and serial number. Also said "Size: 1 TB"

Guess what I got after opening the bag......Seagate DB35 300 MB. Just what I ordered.

What's up with that?? LOL Got all excited thinking they sent the wrong drive. hehe ...... oh well, i'll still be happy to increase to 280 hours!

Weeknees....THANKS for the short moment of excitement. time to go install this mutha.

Sorry. 1TB Hitachis actually don't come in IDE, so it would not have even worked in your unit.

We don't always pay close attention to what ESD bags go with what drives...the goal is to get the drive properly protected. Didn't mean to get your heart racing.

Comment

no problem....just happy to have received my order. thanks...but let me know when there IS a 1 TB drive for my samsung, will ya?

Comment

Sorry to say, we don't think 1 TB IDE drives are even coming . . .
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

that's quite alright...if I EVER get to the point where i THINK i need a 1 TB drive in any of my DVR's PLEASE JUST SHOOT ME!!

btw.... the installation of my new drive went flawlessly! Got it all done in less than 30 minutes, and it's working great now!! As soon as i can afford it, i will be ordering another upgrade for my other Samsung. thanks

Comment

Glad to hear it!
            Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
            X