lost upgrade after 1 week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lost upgrade after 1 week

after upgrading tivo 540040 with an additional 200 g hard drive system reported added space and then check space after 1 week and im back to orginal hrs "what happened"

Pretty bizarre. Did you get a message like "external storage missing" at any point?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

no got a reboot last week ,about 4 days after upgrade then we were gone for a week on vac.

Comment

If you never did "three thumbs down and enter" then you shouldn't have lost storage.

Did you definitely see it in the System Info? What exact number do you see now?

Comment

the system info says varible up 40 hrs

Comment

And do you remember what it said beforehand?

Comment

yes it said somewhere around 171

Comment

Is the upgrade kit from us?

Either way - very strange.

Comment

i bought mounting kit from you over a year a go with all connectors and cables. I supplied my own hd that was band new wd 200, this was previously installed in a series 2 540040 that took a crap under warranty and was replaced by tivo a year ago.
                  waited till now to reinstall hd and like i said it lasted two weeks before lost extra hrs. i had gone thur all the upgrade instructions to reinstall hd.

Comment

So you definitely did an MFSADD with the two drives, and the reported number of hours was in the right ballpark? Did you also verify the hours on the TiVo, or just in the PC?

Comment

it was reported on both the pc and tivo might try another upgrade this week

Comment

well it seems now my tivo is stuck on powering up after i tried anonther mfsadd , after upgrade it still said 40 hrs ,so i think the b hard drive is shot . if i get another b drive and try the upgrade again should i get by the powering up screen.

Comment

i did get a message of external storage missing be fore i tried the new upgrade.

Comment

Right - then it won't see another drive without "mfsadd."

Comment

well i tried another hd a used one and when i run mfsadd i get illegal seek on hdb and then it says standalone size 40 hrs nothing to add on the hda. i did a reboot and got to tivo cental with the new used hd so the old added hd was bad . but why cant i get the added hrs on the new used hd .
                              Last edited by dcrogers100; 11-29-2007, 07:40 AM. Reason: added info

Comment

Working...
                              X