Trouble getting regular cable channels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble getting regular cable channels

After initial cable card headaches, my S3 has been working pretty well. But I noticed I'm not getting the regular channels (non digital below 99) reliably. I get a 'searching for signal' message. Some of them work but then the next time I try to tune it in, it's not there. The TV, S2 and cable box are not having these problems. On screen troubleshooting said to restart the Tivo, but that did not help. I would have expected my troubles to be CC related, but I don't have any trouble with digital channels. I bought this S3 from weaKnees.

Do you have many splitters in the cable line? Do you have an extra long run? This is most likely the result of a weak signal. The digital signal can get through, but the analog part isn't strong enough.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

I have a preexisting amplifier from Warner Cable with multiple outputs. The cable comes out of the wall and goes into the amp (3'). Then plugs into the S3 (maybe 6'). I don't think that is to long of a run, is it? I removed a DVD recorder from the output that the S3 is now using. There were no tuning issues with the DVD recorder. The amp is directly connected to the S3 (no splitters). And as I wrote before; TV, S2 and cable box are all connected to the same amplifier and have no problems tuning 1-99. Can the tuner(s) be bad?

Comment

Have you tried bypassing the amplifier and running a line from the wall to the TiVo? I realize that it seems counter-intuitive, but it is worth a try.

Comment

Working...
        X