Series 2 no Daylight SAvings Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Series 2 no Daylight SAvings Time

I'm wondering if anyone else is encountering problems getting their Series 2 HD-DVR40 on to Daylight Savings Time. No matter what Directv does, they have failed to get my DVR to accept the new DST. I just installed the new WK HD and it isn't getting updated to the latest firmware. I just keep wasting time on the phone with Directv support and they keep going through the motions with no results.

DirecTV doesn't seem to be updating software as regularly as they generally do. Most units should be on 6.3f by now. Are you connected to a phone line?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

phone

yes. I'm connected and I've had several automatic call ins as well ad Directv requested call ins and it's not up to date.

Comment

finally got escalated to tech support at DTV. The answer is that they probably have no solution and that I must wait until March 30th or whatever the old date for changing from Standard time to DST was. Then the old Tivo based DVR will catch up. It is notable that when I was running with the original HD, the DVR had upgraded to 6.3f, but since installing the WK HD, it is not taking the upgrade. It runs fine in all other regards.

Comment

I haven't had my unit connect to a phone line in almost 3 years due to a bad modem. To fix the DST problem I switch from CST (I'm in WI) to EST until the original DST change and then change it back.

I thought I was told some of the older units weren't going to be updated to fix the DST problem. I've got the same problem on one of my older GPS's...I've got to change the time zone I'm in for those couple of weeks.

Comment

That's a good fix - it definitely works! Just remember to swap it back when appropriate.

As far as I know, all units can do the proper DST with the latest software.

Comment

Unfortunately that fix doesn't work for those of us in the eastern time zone. So far, my DVR with replacement HD just wont take the software update.

Comment

Yup - that's certainly true. I know it's not great, but on Sunday you should be back to normal.

Comment

I installed the new HD I received from Weaknees today and I've run into this very issue. The time is 1 hour behind.

Here are my settings:

DVR: Directv Tivo R10
                  Platform: Series 2
                  Time Zone: Automatically Detect from Satellite (I'm in the East - NC)
                  Daylight Saving: Automatically Detect From Satellite (Standard Time listed in System Info)

I've tried to force a download but nothing changed. I tried it again and rebooted the DVR, still no change.

Has anyone found a way to correct this problem?

Thx in advance!

I should have thought of this earlier but I checked the guide on our other DVR (Directv Plus w/ DVR - R16?). The programming is the same but the times are correct.(Easter) The programming guide times for the R10 w/ the new HD are an hour off.(Central) Still haven't been able to force a download of the latest OS, though.
                  Last edited by alecquaid; 03-23-2008, 05:09 PM. Reason: Just Realized

Comment

I finally corrected my Daylight Savings issue. I forced a download by going to the Phone Settings and having it call Directv. After it completed the process, I pressed Select and restarted the DVR on the next screen. The restart is important to complete the download and I would suggest not going back to Live TV before restarting the DVR.

Comment

I have seme problem hdvr2 upgraded to 6f sd dvr 40 will not upgrade to 6f i've tried forced call and waited for machine to call im still stuck with os 6.2 any sugestions

Comment

Make sure it's plugged into the SAT inputs and the phone line, and force some more dial-ins.

Comment

ill keep trying and keep you posted

Comment

i have the exact same problem, new 160gb replacement drive for r10 from weaknees, have forced several dial-ins, software version is 6.1-01-2-521. I live in central time (central daylight time right now) and daylight saving shows as standard time, which is 1 hour behind my current time. anything else to try besides continuing to force dial-ins to get latest software and daylight savings time?

Comment

Not really. For some unknown reason, DTV seems to be slowing down broadcasts of updated TiVo software. Just be sure your unit is connected to the phone and satellite dish at all times, and it should be there soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X