No announcement yet.

Series 2 no Daylight SAvings Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

michael still no software update, its been 3 months since i have had the unit it is still stuck with 6.2 os, i have forced the call lots and lots and lots of times still nothing,
    my hdvr2 had 6e and it upgraded the very first day 6f was available is it possible if you dont have 6e it wont upgrade to 6f????????????? is seems from the other peoples blogs they are experiencing the same problem

Comment

Nope - any correct, earlier version will update. Do you definitely have the right software on the unit?
      Been here a long time . . .

Comment

The software that is on there 6.2-01-2-351 i bought the unit from wk on 01/21/2008 and is working fine except i will not update software. could i {are these units interchangeable?} swap drives hdvr2 and sd 40 and see if the hdvr2 will update software

Comment

The newer versions of the OS are interchangeable on those models, but not the version you have. Was that OS version from the SD-DVR40? If so, keep forcing dial-ins.

Comment

still forcing dial-ins what time frame should i be concerened if it doesn't happen by?

Comment

Is it definitely the right OS version? It should have happened by now.

Comment

the os version is 6.2-01-2-351 how do i know if it is the right version? it is the version that came on the machine when i bought it from wk in jan 2008.

Comment

You should have 6.3f by now. Make sure you're plugged into an active phone line and test the connection.

Comment

michael thats what i have been corresponding with you about I cant get the new os 6f, phone line good just will not update to new os, it would not updste to 6e and still wont go to 6f see the last 10 replys on this blog

Comment

DTV has been slower about updates recently - we really don't know why. But most people do eventually get it . . .

Comment

Is it possible i have a os that will not update, would wk update drive if i sent it to them?

Comment

Please post your full model number and your complete TiVo OS version.

Comment

Michael the model #sd-dvr 40 and the os version 6.2-01-2-351 as of 05/09/2008 the machine never updated tp 6e and now will not goto 6f my other hrdvr2 did the first day it was availabel.
                            Last edited by ddftoc; 05-09-2008, 01:42 PM. Reason: added info

Comment

Those match (the 351 is the right OS version for the hardware).

It's possible that your unit is trying to install the update and failing because of drive problems.

Comment

what should i do all is working fine but updates, the machine is the same as when it was shipped to me. As i understand it was a new drive when wk sent it to me

Comment

Working...
                                X