No announcement yet.

DIRECTV TiVo Not Dialing In

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope. No VoIP. Two different homes I've tried also. It just sits on negotiating some times up to like 30minutes-ish and then finally fail. Tried a few of the tivo phone numbers in the current list with the same result in the prefix section using pauses and prefix code. added area code and added a 1 and also tried without the area code and prefix code etc...

Comment

The 800 number wouldn't work also because the prefix is overriding the 800 number.

I can't imagine why three units all fail at two different places, but I'd recommend clearing all settings and trying for a new number within the software.
      Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Same places. Different spots when trying the 800 number and trying the prefix trick. I'll try some more numbers. None of these TiVos have dialed in for at least 3 years since I don't have a land line. The HR10 I bought recently on Ebay and it has a really old software version. It activated and can watch TV and buffer fine but season passes and recording doesn't work. I assume since it needs to call in at least once.

Comment

Ok.. tried absolutly everything and still get negotiation fail error from each of the 3 TiVos. What's my next step? Im guessing to call D* and have them send the TiVo a dial in request? Will that force the new 800 number into the call in spot? Ok how about this is there a way to use the new 800 number in the prefix location? or will that not work either. Thanks for you help so far. I refuse to give up the TiVo boxes until the next gen comes out in 09.

Comment

You can either use it without it dialing in (not a big deal, really), or you can try this:

Replacement TiVo Modem

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Jeff View Post
              You can either use it without it dialing in (not a big deal, really), or you can try this:

Replacement TiVo Modem

Thanks Jeff but the modems connect but just sit there tring to negotiate. If I pick up the phone you can hear the modem sound on ALL 3 TiVos. And the big thing is I get an error 32 when going to season pass on the HR10 so it basically has no TiVo functionality at all. The other 2 I've been using with out dialing in for over 3 years and yes they work fine. No foldering of the shows etc but yes work fine with out dialing in. I just need to get the HR10 to update.

(1)Ok How about this. The two different houses I've went to to try dialing in did not have a satalite dish. Do I need to be connected to the dish and the phone line at the same time to dial out?

(2)And also if someone could answer my last question about calling D* and having them send down a call in request to the reciever does that force the new 800number?

Comment

1 - Nope. No satellite needed at the time of dial-in.

2 - Not as far as we know. But building in a phone number as the dialing prefix overrides all of that anyway.

Comment

The same problem happens to me. I try ,#096,,XXXXXXXXXX and nothing happens, then, I did ,XXXXXXXXXX and bingo it worked. The problem is that I have error 51. Any help please?

Comment

For Error #51 - see this info:

http://www.tivopedia.com/error-51-hardware-error.php

Basically, you need to do a "clear and delete everything."

Comment

Working...
                    X