New drive, guided setup, can't talk to tivo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Planned Obsolescence

DTV may have dropped the number as an underhanded way of prompting old diehards like me to jettison our old units and replace them with more expensive, new ones.

This raises their revenues (because my unit has a non-transferable Lifetime subscription) and lowers their support load (because now they don't have to train their own phone geeks on the older units.)

Comment

We certainly hear from a lot of people who think DTV is doing something like this. Frankly, we don't think they're really being underhanded, just short-sighted.
      Been here a long time . . .

Comment

I'm going through the same issue. Have a Tivo DVR which just got a new power source and hard drive from WK. Same card, no changes. I plugged it and and ran through the set up. No local channels. I tried to update the content and was asked to set up phone. Now I've been trying to contact DTV via the modem to try and get the local numbers and I keep getting an error stating it can't connect to the phone service. This is really lame I had a Tivo DVR repaired by WK before and didn't have this issue. If anyone has any better ideas, let me know, otherwise I'll go back and try to keep trying things to get this to work.

Comment

Have you tried the fixes we list? See here:

http://www.weaknees.com/phone

That's doing the trick in every situation we've seen.
          Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
          X