Been a couple years...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been a couple years...

I actually own 3 TiVos if you count my original Series 1 with lifetime service, my daughter's, and my Dual tuner Series 2.

My daughter's Series 2 has failed. I upgraded it the day she got it using one of the download CDs. I may yet find the original drive and Cd (and receipt for the new drive) I gave her, and be able to get a warranty replacement. In the meantime, though, I think I'll just upgrade the TiVo to a large capacity single-drive...couple of questions... and I have no objections if you just point me to the answer in a thread or whatever... I'll appreciate any time you spend for me.
    • What is the largest drive I can install? I'm thinking just go 500 MB, but that wouldn't work on my Series 1, so I am wary...
    • If I can't find her original drive, can you point me to a copy of her original boot load so I can download it? (This used to be pretty easy to find...
    • Can I use the software with a set of USB-attached drives instead of tearing my PC apart? I.E. Boot from CD, leave the "C:" drive where it is, and attach the old and new TiVo drives to external USB enclosures?

Thanks for your help!

Jim
    Last edited by JimfromIndy; 04-18-2008, 01:17 PM.

The Series2 units can get up to dual 750gb drives.

If you need weaKnees to program drives for you, see:

http://www.weaknees.com/misc.php

If your Linux PC will recognize the USB ports, then you might be able to pull it off...but it's not the standard way to go.

Comment

Working...
    X