Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Good Reference Information

Default Good Reference Information

Thanks for coming to the forums!

We're all happy to help with any SWM issues in this forum. We've had a lot of experience using these switches, and we're up for the challenge of helping in any situation we can.

Our sales and information page is here:

WeaKnees Single Wire Multiswitch Page

In addition, if you're looking for more information, you might find some here:

SWM Information

Has anyone any experience diplexing a backfeed through SWM.
    jim
    Salt Lake City

You have to be a bit more specific. What are you trying to send through the SWM? Cable? Antenna? Security camera? We have customers who have done it all...

I have 4 satellite receivers (non direcTV), 2 DVD-R's, 1 DirecTV receiver and a couple of other odds and ends feeds going through 9 modulators diplexed into two SWM8's and back out at every box, works excellent. Can't wait till I can afford one of the new ZeeVee boxes and add an HD channel through that too!

StevDawg

I'am connecting a DTV antenna to the SWM8.

Default DIRECTV swears SWM not available

When I moved, they said the product was coming September 2008 (now I feel they just told me that so I wouldn't cancel), not they are telling me it's not available in my market and there are no plans for providing it in the future. I've been with DIRECTV for 10 years, and when I moved I got stuck with a new contract. As soon as it's over, I'm probably going to leave.

Unless, I can do this myself. I have 2 lines running to 2 receivers, but I have one additional receiver that only has 1 line running to it. It is the DIRECTV DVR R10. This the only receiver need 2 lines run to it or where I need to split the signal. Does anyone have any ideas???
    Last edited by bugsnbre; 06-27-2009 at 06:53 AM.

Unfortunately, the R10 can't use a SWM signal at all, so you'll always need two lines to it.

Default SWM8 - R15-100 model DVR

Can the R15-100 use the SWM? I have that one in the living room. I could move it to the bedroom since we have 2 lines running in there.

Nope - R16 or newer, for standard def DVRs.

Default Swm

Ok, I see. DirecTV says one of the benefits I get as a loyal customer are free DVR upgrades. I may have to call them on that. I'll twitter them and see what I can get.