No announcement yet.

Replaced HD 240080, now stuck at powering up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definitely crossing our fingers here . . .
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

BooHoo....I am so disappointed. I installed the new power supply and the new hardrive that I got from Weeknees and now have a green light on the Tivo but no video or audio output. I just do not know what to do next. I hope it's just a cabling issue but all the cables feel tight and secure. Help!

Comment

Try a different TV.

Try pressing the TiVo button on the remote in case the unit is in standby.

Comment

It's me again. I just don't have a lot of time to work with the Tivo which is why there is so much time between posts. So I tried to get it to work again today and it got thru the powering up screen. But now is stuck at "Almost There, Just a few minutes more" for over 30 mins. Just as a reminder...I installed your new Seagate 250MB hardrive and your new power supply. The Tivo light is green but it's stuck. I'm getting very discouraged.

Comment

Sorry to say, that's likely a motherboard problem, in that event.

Comment

you've got to be kidding me!! Let me ask you this....do you think I would have had to go thru all this if I had just sent the dang thing into you to begin with? I have a lifetime subscription to this Tivo and don't want to lose it but it is costing me a fortune that I don't have.

Comment

We would have done all that testing here, and likely come to the same conclusion.

You should call TiVo and see if you can pay for a swap to another unit, and if they'll move your lifetime subscription over.

Comment

Boohoo! I didn't even know that was possible. Oh geez, I probably wouldn't have gone to all this trouble had I known. Well, you have been great and I totally appreciate the fast responses. I have no idea how you keep up with all the posts in these threads but it is appreciated. If by chance they will swap the units are the parts I bought from you returnable? If not is there a re-sale market for those parts?

Comment

You can return parts from us within 30 days of purchase. Just email [email protected] with your order information to get an RMA email.

Comment

Me again. Tivo actually made a deal with me and shipped me a Series 2 DT DVR and let me keep my lifetime subscription. The problem now is that I have the 250GB Seagate hard drive that I bought from you for the TD240080. Is there anyway to use that in the TCD649080? My brain is fried from reading all the posts trying to resolve my issues. I think I read that I will need a bracket of some kind from you and possible a cooling fan? I just don't quite understand if the TD240080 is all compatible with the 649080. If it is not is there any way to exchange it. Because it took me too long trying to fight the issues with my original Tivo I am over the 30 day return policy on the drive.

Comment

The drive is the same but the formatting may be different. If it's a "replace" drive, then we can reformat it here:

http://www.weaknees.com/misc.php

You might want us to reformat it as an "add" drive, in which case you'd also need this bracket:

http://www.weaknees.com/tbdt.php.

Comment

Working...
                        X