DirecTv HD DVR Disaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DirecTv HD DVR Disaster

I just found your website and am delighted. I had a HD DVR delivered about 3 days ago by DirecTv and called them today to have it removed. What a piece of crap! I believe it’s a Model 20 and it’s a disgraceful piece of manufactured equipment.

I have been using a Sony SAT-T60 for several years and really love it. I realize it’s a Series 1 unit and would consider upgrading to another DirecTv/Tivo unit. I’m not sure of the advantages. I want to stick with DirecTv and would appreciate some advice.

We only have SD DirecTV TiVos in stock at the moment, so if you want a new one of those, get them while we have them.

As far as the HD units, we're trying to get more, but right now we don't know if/when we'll have them.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Michael View Post
      We only have SD DirecTV TiVos in stock at the moment, so if you want a new one of those, get them while we have them.

As far as the HD units, we're trying to get more, but right now we don't know if/when we'll have them.
      I have a question for ya......I also have a couple Sony SAT T60 units, had em for years and LOVE them!!!!! I also have lifetime subscription with them......when I looked into "upgrading" via DTV to their HD DVR, I have to pay the 5.99 a month for DVR service.....if I get one of your HR10-250's, does my lifetime transfer over or am I hosed and stuck paying the 5.99 a month forever now?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Actually, either way, if you have lifetime DVR service on your account, that should cover any DVR that ever gets put on account: the HR10 (which we temporarily have in stock, but at pretty steep prices) or the HR20 (which we also have, but we really don't love).
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Michael View Post
          Actually, either way, if you have lifetime DVR service on your account, that should cover any DVR that ever gets put on account: the HR10 (which we temporarily have in stock, but at pretty steep prices) or the HR20 (which we also have, but we really don't love).
          Thanks for the info, it is truly appreciated and I am VERY glad to hear that.

I saw the prices and then I saw some new and near new ones on ebay as well.......was thinking of getting one of those and buying an upgrade kit from your company (like I have done for my T60's).......I sooooo love Tivo (and your company ) and after being stuck using my g/f's Dish network DVR (barf) for the last month while waiting for DTV to come out & install my setup has just reinforced my love for Tivo and my burning desire to never go away from them.........you guys don't happen to have a payment plan for those HR10-250's do ya?

I still need to grab an HD TV so the concept of spending that much for a DVR hurts my wallet this soon after Xmas.......3 kids will do that to u.

Still trying to make decisions and it looks like I will have to do it in a hurry.......thanks again.

Comment

Working...
          X