Toshiba SD-h400 Instructions needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wanted to follow up on this.

I have an SD-H400 which I wanted to upgrade with a Western Digital WD3200AAJB (320Gb) drive from the original 80gb drive. I downloaded the MFSLBA48.iso image as per the instructions I found and copied from hdc to hda. The drive capacities reported correctly and the procedure produced no errors. The computer showed that the new drive had ~390 hours. When I popped the drive into the Tivo, it still showed a recording capacity of only 86 hours.

After searching online to determine why the drive wasn't reporting the correct new capacity, I came across this thread. I downloaded the weaknees_lba_boot_cd.iso image and used it only to unlock the drive (sd-h400_unlock -w /dev/hda) without rerunning the copy function. I yawped a w00t when the Tivo recognized the new drive with 394 hours. Everything now looks like it should.

My question: I copied/expanded this new drive with the MFSLBA48 image rather than the weaknees_lba_boot_cd image. The command I used to copy over the old Tivo image (with programs) was:

mfsbackup -Tao - /dev/hdc | mfsrestore -r 4 -s 127 -xzpi - /dev/hda

rather than what is seen in this thread. Will I run into any problems? Should I pull the drive and rerun it, using the instructions in this thread? I have only just now finished the process and so far, so good -- no apparent problems with the upgrade. It connects with the Tivo service just as it did before.

Thanks for all you do.

Comment

That should be totally fine - that command would work on our CD also.
      Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
      X