9 directv dual tuners & SWM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9 directv dual tuners & SWM

I have a 5 lnb dish to a 6 x 16 Multiswitch. I have 6 older directivos, 2 HR21s and 1 HR20. THe new HRs all have 2 feeds, my 2 HR10-250s have 2 feeds and 2 of of the 4 others have 2 feeds- I was out of ports on the 6 x16 so I bought another one and I was about to daisy chain them. I have basic cable in the house because of the cable internet service--I see the SWM would let me get the cable to my TVs which the 6 x 16 precludes. Question-- how do I make use of the swm8 and both of my 6x 16 multiswitches to get the best set up

See this PDF:

http://www.weaknees.com/pdf/swm-wb68.pdf

Basically, you split the four cables coming off the dish, and then run half of the ends to the 6x16 and half to the SWM. The key is to use good, high-frequency splitters.

When attaching the cables, be sure to keep the voltages together, so one leg from the split goes to each 18V, one leg to each 13V, etc.

Be sure to only use the SWM feed for the HR20 and HR21s.

We have packages of splitters and cables here:

http://www.weaknees.com/splitter-coax.php
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

just out of curiosity-- - if I stick with the plan to use just 2 wb 6 x 16, I can take any 4 of the original 16 outputs and put them into another 6 x 16 right?

I see in your reply, you specify keeping the splitters going tot he same voltages-- I assume thats only for the SWM-- I guess with the SWM 8 and the wb 6 x 16, I can get the same number of tuners as with the 2 wb 6 x 16 cascaded?

Comment

The 6 x 16 switches are cascadable, as far as I know; that should work.

You need to match the voltages for BOTH switches. So if you split the four outputs from the 5LNB dish, you need to take one (both splits) and run them each to the 18 V ports on both the SWM and the 6 x 16. Then, take the next pair, and run them both to the 13 V ports, etc.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X