A couple of questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A couple of questions.

I currently have the 40gig ATV. I am planning on sending it in for the upgrade.

Lately I've been having a problem with the syncing when doing large amounts. It will sync anywhere from 20-1500 songs and then just stop. When it stops sometimes atv disappears from the devices menu and sometimes it does not. If it does not disappear, all I need to do is hit sync again and it will start and do another indeterminate amount of songs. If it does disappear, I have to close itunes and open it again and atv reappears in the devices. It takes about 8-10 syncs to fill the 40gig drive. The wireless signal is not being interrupted, the connection is not dropped by the router. I tried using an ethernet cable to sync without the router and it still does the same thing. It did this several months ago also, when I reinstalled all my itunes stuff and it wanted to resync. However once I got the current software for ATV the problem was fixed. This time, I am current on both Itunes and ATV software, yet the problem remains. Any idea why?

Once things are synced it runs fine, however when I stream it will also drop atv from the devices list sometimes, which is quite annoying. Once I get the larger hdd I won't have to stream so there won't be an issue with the connection. However I'm not looking forward to syncing all the music again.

I'm also wondering if when I get the larger hdd if my music is transfered to the new drive or if I have to do it all again?

Thanks for any info.

First, yes, you'll have to re-sync all of your music to the new drive.

Next, though, this sounds like a failing hard drive, and we're pretty sure a new drive will fix the problem. It sounds like the AppleTV just can't write the data to the drive properly, so it hangs or reboots.

How old is the unit?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
    X