Only one line available in a room.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only one line available in a room.

Ok, so Directv comes to our new townhome and does their thing. Great. Two DVR's downstairs, both tuners working fine. Now upstairs in the bedroom is another situation. There is only one line from prior cable routing. Signal comes out fine but, there's only one Is there anyway to split this? I've repaired my hughes TIVO w/ a new power supply (thanks,weaknees ) but I'm down to only one input! Help!

What models are all of the pieces? What dish do you have?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

one room; one line

DTV "round" single lnb into a Zinwell WB68 multi-switch. downstairs dvr's : DTV supplied. Upstairs: Hughes TIVO dvr SD-DVR40 (upgraded w/ 2nd hd)

Comment

Sorry to say, there's no way to put multiple signals into one cable for those units.

Comment

maybe I'm being misunderstood. i have only one line coming up to the bedroom. Can't that line be split to accomodate input 1 & 2 for the dvr?

Comment

I have extra outputs available onthe wb68 is is possible to run a pair from there instead?

Comment

If you can run an extra cable, then yes, you can have dual recording.

My point was that the new SWM technology, which enables dual recording over one line, isn't compatible with that DVR.

Comment

Working...
              X