Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About to upgrade awful 3LNB / OTA install

I'll try to make this short.

I have a 2 story house. The current 3 LNB dish is mounted to the chimney about 40 feet off the ground. The cables run down and and join the OTA cable at a powered splitter at the side of the house. Then 5 cables go out from there to the various rooms. It's ugly.

I'd like to replace the dish and have the it's cables and the OTA cable enter the attic via the soffit. I'll put a SWM-8 in there to feed the existing 5 in-wall coax lines that feed the house.

I'll be feeding 2 HR21s and 2 H21s.

1. Is my thinking correct and doable?

2. How many diplexers will I need with OTA involved?

3. Will I need a splitter / which one?

4. Am I missing any other equipment?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Herbert

OK - that basically looks right, except that HR21s and H21s can't see OTA signals. Are these new units? Are you using them with AM21s?

2 - One at each OTA-capable receiver/DVR.

3 - A 1x4 should do it, assuming all wires terminate in the attic.

4 - Just the 5LNB dish . . .
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Michael,

Thanks for taking the time to help me out. Thanks for pointing out that the 21s don't do OTA without the adaptor.

Currently I have a H20 and an HR10-250. DTV is swapping out my HR10-250 for free. Am I at their mercy as to which HD DVR they give me?

I know there are multiple versions of their HD DVR (HR20, HR21-100 & HR21-700). Which is the best (I'm assuming the newest)?

If I get another HD receiver, should I get the H20 to avoid having to use the AM21 / HR21 combo? Are there significant advantages or disadvantages?

Thanks for the awesome help,

Herbert

Comment

Yes, you are basically at their mercy unfortunately.

If you can get an H20 or HR20, we'd recommend it. You then will not have to buy an AM21 and have two pieces of equipment.

Comment

Working...
        X