No announcement yet.

HR 21 problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, and @ the verifying configuration screen I get a "no signal found, please check installation and re-test" message. This has happened numerous times. What's confounding is a few times configuration was confirmed, showing satellites acquired, except for 103. Said there were errors in both tuners,recheck. I read this was a common error message and wasn't necessarily true. And this with no change to setup.
    My meter is the Accutrak22 MKII Pro, not compatible with swm?

Comment

I'm not sure about the exact meter model, but I'm pretty sure that one can't read a SWM signal, so only readings taken before the SWM would be useful.

Also, I do know that the 103 has been giving false errors during setup and testing for a few months, so that's nothing to worry about.
      Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Okay, not worried about the 103 reading. Any idea on what my issue is with the lack of signal? Any way to test the swm and/or power inserter? This is driving me nuts. As stated before, works fine with direct connection from dish to receiver.

Comment

You definitely have all four cables to the SWM, and the PI is attached to SWM1? Do you see a light inside the PI?

Comment

Yes; all four cables connected, with signal strength of mid 90's (measured before swm). PI attached and green light inside visible.

Comment

And no signal coming out at all? How many receivers and what models? Are you sure you're in SAT1?

Comment

One receiver, new hr21, purchased this summer from Weakknees. In SAT1; as stated previously, have acquired a signal a few times, then nothing. Don't know what else it could be.

Comment

Well, we've never seen a SWM fail so far. Can you try another receiver?

Comment

No, hr21 only one I own. I'll mess around with cables and see if I can solve the problem. Will get back to you. Thanks.

Comment

Okay, took swm out of connection so I could watch the nfl ticket today. Just connected one line with bbc and guess what, no signal found. A few resets didn't help. Even tried an in-line amplifier (dtv approved), and signal strength @ wall jack was off the chart. Still no signal found. Read on another forum about high frequency barrel connectors; as I do have a cable break is it possible this is the problem? My splice is with a standard freq connector (or the ground block) and as stated before signal strength reduces quite a bit @ entry point. The test I did this a.m. was without the swm, and before the amplifier was attached; signal was @ mid 50's @ entry.

I'm going to try again tomorrow with a high freq connector and the swm to see if this helps. As I said previously, I did have high strength and a picture before the swm, and did get a signal for a short while before lockup. Will try realigning the dish also.

Thoughts?

Comment

Where is the barrel - before or after the SWM?

In any event, that could definitely be the issue.

Comment

After; as mentioned earlier ground block for old setup was on entry side of house (dish on opposite side). So there's a break in the cable @ the block. Thought it might be an issue so replaced with a barrel. I tested the signal strength @ the end of the first run, before barrel/ground, and signal was still down significantly (60 foot run or so). Don't know how accurate this is based on what you wrote about using special meter for swm. Took swm out of line, connecting dish directly to receiver (one line and bbc). So, one barrel in place of swm, one @ cable break by ground, and the barrel @ wall jack. My confusion stems from the fact that I had a signal, was watching programs fine before the swm (same connectors), added swm, got a signal, lost it, and now I get nothing, with or without swm. Is it possible the receiver went bad, or needs a special download? EVerything I read about these dtv dvrs suggests they've had numerous issues. Thanks.

Comment

If you can try a different receiver, that would clearly be the best next troubleshooting step. Can you borrow one from a friend?

Comment

Okay, ordered some high freq connectors, will change out when they arrive, then go from there. Appreciate your help. Will update. Thanks.

Comment

Quick replay not working!

Okay, update. Surfing some forums and found a SWM installation guide for DTV techs. Concerning the power inserter, here's what they wrote:

Distance from power inserter to SWM LNB or SWM
                                Module’s can not exceed 150ft of distance (check)
                                Power inserter must be installed indoors only (check),
                                "do not
                                connect to a power strip
                                Do not plug the Power inserter into a switched electrical
                                outlet as this will cause all IRD’s connected to the SWM
                                equipment to loose signal"

This is directly out of their handout, even the typos. Is this true? I have my home theater equip, including the PI, plugged into a Belkin Pure/AV filter, with both switched and non-switched outlets. None of the switched outlets are used for any audio/video equipment, but it's still a glorified power strip, no? If a direct connection to wall outlet is required, why wouldn't this be mentioned in any of the installation paperwork provided when purchased? Once I change out the low freq connectors mentioned earlier, will reroute power inserter and hopefully will solve my problem. Still don't know how I acquired a signal earlier, although very brief. Any thoughts, have you heard this before about the PI? The person from whom I purchased swm/pi says he tested before shipping. Once again, thanks for time.

Comment

Working...
                                X