No announcement yet.

HR 21 problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DIRECTV's guides on the SWM are notoriously awful, but we have seen the notes about the surge protector and switched outlets. Would not hurt to follow that guideline.

Comment

Okay, will follow up after changes. Thanks.

Comment

Definitely a switched outlet would be a mistake, but we've seen plenty of people use power strips with these. Probably, DirecTV is just being over-cautious, but if you can try it without the power strip, give it a shot.

That wouldn't explain why you lost signal without the SWM entirely, of course.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

I got a HR-21 700 from Directv for free this past spring and it was all running fine except for when you try to change channels in the HD group it takes a long time for them to change. But now this happened twice yesterday, the unit seems to lock up? can't even turn it off with the remote. I hit the red reset button the first time which seemed to fix it but then later today it did it again. This time I unplugged the unit then started all over and so far (a few hours) it's been OK. My question is....Is this the start of a bad thing? If so what can or should I do? Thanks

Comment

Something seems to be going on with these units in the last day or so . . . See this:

http://www.wkblog.com/
            Been here a long time . . .

Comment

I had the same thing happen to my HR-21. I had to unplug and restart.

Interestingly enough, I had a problem with my SAT-T60 at the same exact time. I unplugged and restarted.

Coincidence?

Comment

Maybe something is going on? Some test they did to burn out any fake cards? Or it was a UFO maybe? lol. Or cheap Chinese junk. I guess I will see if it persists and if so go from there. Thanks for the help and I may be back.

Comment

Working...
                X