SWM locking up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SWM locking up

I just bought two units. One is working great, the other is not. I did the install and everything worked great for about 2 days. Then, we went to turn the tv on and the signal was lost. Of course i checked everything and the dish was ok etc. So, I disconnected the swm and went back to the old connections. I was able to get all my signals back.
    I disconnected my old connections and reconnected the swm and redid the setup and was able to get everything working. However, the next day, the same thing happened. I lost the signals again.

I have my four leads from the dish going into my basement with them connected to the swm and i have the power supply next to the swm and connected. I have a 1x 8 splitter and then my feeds to my rooms from there.

Do I have a bad swm or is there something i missed?

We've literally never seen a bad SWM module at this point - and we've sold quite a few. But we have seen one or two bad power supplies. Have you tried swapping out the units and also separately swapping out the power supplies?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

bad unit

I didn't swap out units because of the location of the other and it is on my main tv. i didn't want to take a chance and mess it up.

any other suggestions. I have now disconnected the swm and now i am just using my old setup. My tvs and receivers are working great. I really don't want to mess with my main unit.

any other suggestions.

Comment

I did forget to mention, that i didn't lose everything. I lost only certain transponders. By the third attemp, I was able to get it running, however this time i kept the tv on the transponders and watched them. Within a matter of minutes the transponders started dropping off. it is always the same transponders as well. Does this help any?

Comment

SWM Locking

I have had DirectTV for 3 weeks. I have had over 20 calls into their help line for the system locking up. There have been 3 service calls on this issue. We will be watching the HD DVR and the picture will just lock. I go to the other 3 standard receivers that are online and they are all searching for signal. When I press the reset on the HD DVR, it goes through the reboot cycle and comes back on. The other 3 receivers then all come back on line. The last time the tech came out he said the signal wasn't terminated. He said all of the not used connections need to be terminated. The system lasted for 2 days before it locked. If you've never seen a SWM lock up, come on over to my place. It's pretty pathetic, oh, then Direct TV tells me, they will have to charge me an early termination fee of $480.00

Comment

Honestly, we've never seen a bad SWM, still.

But we have seen one or two bad Power Inserters. Have you tried swapping that out?
            Been here a long time . . .

Comment

They came back out yesterday and downgraded the system to a standard system. Hasn't locked up yet. I didn't want to try anything else. We tried to watch TV on Mon night and I had to reboot the system 3 time in 40 minutes. Honestly, it was bad.

Comment

Working...
              X