No announcement yet.

Boosting Signal Strength

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just don't understand why it worked fine when the SWM8 was not connected. And, why it works fine after a re-boot and all other recievers are off.

It seems that when OTHER recievers are on this one loses the signal. Is there ANY other possible explination?

I know I have followed the set up directions correctly.

Comment

It is possible that it is a dish alignment and signal-strength issue. If your signal strength is mediocre (from a dish that is not well-aligned), it might work without the SWM, but not with. Also, it is possible that your unit has a bad destacker inside the unit (this is what translates the SWM signal). That would explain why it works without the SWM, but not with.

Comment

Thanks! I will check those things.

So...how do I check those things?

Comment

I currently have a 3LNB (old dish) with a Spaun Launch amp 4 250' RG6 runs to a couple of cascadable 8 way multiswitches and a tap which feeds another launch amp which sends 4 RG6's another 200' to a 8 way cascadable then another 200' of RG11 to a network amp and another 8 way cascadable.
          Question: Is there any way, with the distances and number of receivers, a SWM set can replace the current one?

Comment

Originally posted by rickak1 View Post
            I currently have a 3LNB (old dish) with a Spaun Launch amp 4 250' RG6 runs to a couple of cascadable 8 way multiswitches and a tap which feeds another launch amp which sends 4 RG6's another 200' to a 8 way cascadable then another 200' of RG11 to a network amp and another 8 way cascadable.
            Question: Is there any way, with the distances and number of receivers, a SWM set can replace the current one?
            Yes. You need a polarity locker and amp at the start, and a tap and additional SWM(s) at each of the 200' marks. You might need another amp down the line, but probably not. We have all of the parts in stock if you are interested. We'll need a bit more data about the number of receivers.

Comment

Working...
            X