New installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New installation

I just attempted to install my SWM with no luck. I wired it in the way the schematic directed, but it appears no signal is getting to my receivers. The 4 cables coming from the dish can be connected to the the SWM in any order correct? I thought maybe they had to be in a certain order, so I even tried switching them around with no success. Do you have an ideas? I connected the power source in the correct position. I ended up hooking it back up in it's original configuration. Thanks.

Yes, they work in any order from dish to SWM.

What receiver are you using? Did you redo setup on it with the red button?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

HR-21. Yes I tried resetting with the red button a few times. Are there any settings that may need to be changed is the receiver settings?

Comment

Yes - you need to tell it that you're using a SWM instead of a traditional multiswitch. Did you specify that in the settings?

Comment

No I didn't. I guess I need to do that before I do a reset. Where do I do that at? Thank you.
          Last edited by Delusional; 10-22-2008, 05:59 PM.

Comment

It's really part of the reset. Just push the red button, then choose the SWM in the multiswitch section.

Comment

I didn't see any place to select swm. It just kept searching for signal.

Comment

Did the machine reboot?

Comment

Just kept searching for signal. I'm going to give it another try tomorrow, but even my other HD receiver upstairs never got a signal either. Not sure exactly what model it is, not at home right now to check.... I'll check when I get home this evening.

Comment

How far is the run from your dish to the SWM and the SWM to the receiver?

Is your power supply black or gray?

Comment

My upstairs receiver is a H-20. The run is about 40 feet. The power supply is a model PI-28, gray.

Comment

That all sounds right. You definitely pressed the red "reset" button?

Comment

Yes, several times. I'll try unplugging it tomorrow & try hooking it up again.

Comment

OK - tell us if you find any more clues.

Comment

i am having the same issue as Delusional. I have checked double checked and triple checked the setup and no luck. Gray power supply, distance from SWM to power box ~20ft. Any thoughts?

Comment

Working...
                              X