No announcement yet.

Humax DRT400 - worth to upgrade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was the power supply after all. Tivo is humming along nicely.

Although, in hindsight, I should've checked Amazon first as there's a used Tivo with lifetime subscription. Oh well...

Thanks for the help.

Comment

Used often equals problematic . . . Glad the power supply is working.
      Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Certifiably lemon

Spoke too soon. I had the Tivo on standby for 2 days and I had to pull the plug and put it back in to get Tivo powered up.

And then tonight while watching a TV show during Live TV, the TV screen froze.

So I'm pretty sure at this point I got a lemon.

I"m out of $188 for the HDD replacement, $52 for the power, and $100 for the used Humax Tivo.

So gonna call Tivo to cancel the 30 days trial and stick with getting ripped off with Time Warner DVR.

Any advice on how I can recoup as much expenses as possible?

Comment

We accept returns within 30 days, subject to a 15% restocking fee (min $15). We can also fix your unit if you'd prefer.

Comment

Wow! Thank you for the services to take back the HDD!

Since I'm going to keep my losses to the minimum, I chose to ship the HDD back to weaknees rather than get the unit fixed. Of course, that means canceling Tivo as well.

Now I know that the DRT400/800 is a perfect unit for deaf people if they want to record shows/burn DVDs that keeps the closed captioning.

Comment

Sounds good. I assume you've emailed us directly about the return/reorder.
              Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
              X