install question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• install question

I installed a swm-8 a couple of weeks ago.
    I added an external HD antenna to the ota port at that time.
    My dvr and one other receiver will not work with the diplexors. The one receiver that accepts the diplexor works like a charm. The other 2 receivers, I removed the diplexors and I get loss of picture at least a dozen times a day, with a 771 message on the screen.
    Direct tv wants $49 for a service call because I installed the swm myself, so they are coming out in a few hours. The tech tells me on the phone diplexors will not work with swm8's.
    Is he wrong? I think so.

What diplexers are you using?

Comment

I was using 2 PefectVision PVDP3's and 1 Terk diplexor.
      I switched the PV around on the boxes and it worked for a short while as did the Terk.
      Now, the Terk doesn't work and the PV works only on 1 of the receivers and won't work on the other.
      The DTV techs just left and told me at first there isn't enough power to supply 3 receivers with ota signal because its not powered.
      Then they told me the SWM8 won't work with my system because my dvr box is only a H20 box and the SWM's will not work on the H20 boxes.
      Am I crazy, or are they full of S--- and don't know what they are doing?
      Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by janzy21 View Post
        I was using 2 PefectVision PVDP3's and 1 Terk diplexor.
        I switched the PV around on the boxes and it worked for a short while as did the Terk.
        Now, the Terk doesn't work and the PV works only on 1 of the receivers and won't work on the other.
        The DTV techs just left and told me at first there isn't enough power to supply 3 receivers with ota signal because its not powered.
        Then they told me the SWM8 won't work with my system because my dvr box is only a H20 box and the SWM's will not work on the H20 boxes.
        Am I crazy, or are they full of S--- and don't know what they are doing?
        Thanks
        You are not using an approved diplexer, so that may be part of the problem. See:

SWM Diplexer

Second, the H20 is a compatible receiver.

Third, the SWM can power 3 receivers with OTA generally, but if your lines are particularly long, that could explain the problem.

Comment

My lines run no more than 25 feet.

Comment

Sadoun Satellite sales states the PerfectVision one I'm using is Direct Tv approved.

Comment

Can you see what the frequency ranges on it are?
              Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Mixes or diplexes 950-2250 MHz and 40-2150 MHz bands.

Comment

That's the problem. The SWM diplexers we sell pull out (or insert) TV at 5-806 MHz and SAT at 950-2150 MHz.

I think the frequency range on those is wrong for this application.

Comment

well, why is it the PerfectVision one I'm using works fine?

Comment

well, why is it the PerfectVision one I'm using works fine?
                      My dvr and one other receiver will not work with the diplexors.
                      I must be misunderstanding something.

Comment

When I use the same Perfectvision diplexer on my dvr in doesn't work.
                        I take it off the dvr receiver and try it on a h20-100 and it doesn't work.
                        I then take it off that h20-100 and hook it up to my other h20-100 and it works great.
                        The Terk diplexers don't work at all.
                        The specs I posted are from the PerfectVision diplexer that you say won't work, but works fine on that one receiver.
                        I hope I'm explaining myself clearly enough.
                        Thanks

Comment

Very hard to know without that equipment here.

Are all of those units running on SWM signals, or are some on traditional signals?

Comment

all on swm.

Comment

All we can recommend is to try our diplexers, then.

Comment

Working...
                              X