Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 SD-DVR40's - 1 dead, one dying?

Hey everyone,

I've got a couple of SD-DVR40's that are having issues. #1 starting having issues last week. It would play for a second, then blank out, then play, then blank. Anyway, you get the idea. I pulled the power on it and let it sit for a bit and tried to power it back up and couldn't hear the hard drive anymore. I've been meaning to replace it for a while now anyway, so I ordered a new drive here.

I got the drive today and same problem. It's not spinning up. I also noticed there is no power light anymore either. I hooked a power supply tester up to the HDD power connection and both the 5v and 12v were there, so I'm not sure if this is a bad power supply or a bad board.

DVR #2 has been having trouble for a couple of weeks where it keeps pausing the video, the sound or both. The screen never goes black though. I've got a new drive for this too, but now I'm worried that this one may be taking its last breaths too.l

So, last question. Is there a way to get the shows from one HDD to the new HDD?

K. So I just read the tip about plugging in the power without the IDE cable and sure enough, the drive spins up just fine. NUTS!

So, I guess I'm looking for a repair on this one. Thoughts on #2?

Comment

Yes, #1 probably need a motherboard repair. Contact us for help:

TiVo Repair

#2: You should concentrate on whether this is happening on only one tuner. When you see pixellation or problems, you can pull out a satellite cable to see which tuner it is happening on. If it happens only on one tuner, then you may need a tuner repair:

TiVo Tuner Repair

Comment

I only have one tuner enabled. I'll try the other one and see what it does. Would I still have good signal strength on the tuner with this issue?

Comment

Yes, you can have pixellation and good signal strength.

Comment

It is happening on the second tuner as well.

Comment

Are you using two tuners at once or only one line and moving it between the two?

Comment

Working...
              X