Series 2 Stuck on Powering Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Series 2 Stuck on Powering Up

My Series 2 Tivo won't go beyond the Powering Up screen when plugged in. It seemed to be working a few nights ago, but then it hung up and now every time I try to start it again it doesn't complete the bootup. Nothing was upgraded or changed, but it is 6 years old. Do I just need to order a new hard drive kit, or is there something I can try first, like some secret button sequence? Thanks.

That's almost definitely a hard drive problem. A "replace" kit for your model should fix the problem:

http://www.weaknees.com/tivo-upgrade.php

There's really no kickstart that will get it running from where it is. You pretty clearly have a hardware problem.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Thanks!

Thank you. I will order soon.

Comment

I had the same problem. So I went and ordered a drive from here too. What a mistake that was. The HDD wouldnt spin..it was dead!! I was told everything from a bad PSU to a bad MOBO. Support even tried telling me that some HDD are sensitive to power input and thats why mine would spin and theirs wouldn't. But I was welcome to purchase a new PSU. What a sham. So they offered to fix it for 99.00 if I sent it in. Hmmm sorry but it doesnt pass the stink test. So I was asked to hook the drive up without the ribbon connected and try it....still dead. Lets not forget that my HDD spins just fine. So it was time to dig into my pocket and send it back just to be told that the drive was fine and the jumpers were in the wrong spot...yeah right. So in other words they are trying to tell me that I get this thing out of the box and start jacking with the jumpers for no reason. It should still spin regardless of where the jumpers are...granted it may not boot but it should still at least spin.

What ever happened to customer service? Stop trying to pull the wool over peoples eyes and insulting peoples intelligence. Things happen..drives go bad. I would have not had a problem with that but now its been since Nov 17th since I ordered it and it wont be here until Dec 9th that I get my HDD back from them so they could change the jumper settings for me. Thats over 3 weeks, and I even paid for 2 day shipping.

Btw..Is there a room on irc?

Thanks guys

Comment

I've got to say, I looked at your drive personally, and I saw it boot here, with just a jumper change.

I can't comment on what happens at your place with your unit and your drive, but the drive you purchased from us did boot just fine here, after the jumper was moved.

I'm very sorry you're unhappy with the situation. I know you were resistant to trying the no-IDE step we asked about, which I frankly don't understand since it only takes a few minutes, but we really are trying to help without asking you to spend more money. That's what that step was all about.

In any event, please tell us what happens with the drive when you receive it.

Sorry again for the unhappy experience.
          Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
          X