Tivo HD rebooting only with cable card inserted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FL-Bill View Post
    I have 3 series 3 units each has 2 cable cards. 2 of the units work fine and the 3rd is mirroring the problem being discussed in this thread. My initial research let me to replace the hard drive. Well the additional space is awesome and the unit stopped rebooting but I can’t pair the cable cards in this machine now. I have Comcast coming out next week to change the cards. (In my area you can’t pick the cable cards up and Comcast is always booked a week + out) Be that as it may the problem appears to be two fold 1. All the problems started after the software update and 2. The problem appears to be directly related to the cable card. Since my other 2 series 3 units are still working fine I think it may make a strong argument for the cable card firmware being the problem.
    It may be that Comcast needed to confirm the host ID and data ID from the unit. They will figure it out when they're out there, but I suspect that a phone call with a knowledgeable person at Comcast might have fixed the issue as well.

Comment

Working...
    X