TiVo Glo Remote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TiVo Glo Remote

I have a subterranean media room ā€“ pitch black, except for the glow of the 50ā€ CRT. I want a remote with lighted buttons. Iā€™m only going to use television, DIRECTV TiVo unit, and DVD player with it (I can manage to walk over to the light switch and flip it on myself), and prefer simplicity.

TiVo has a Glo remote (http://www.tivo.com/2.7.1.asp) ā€“ peanut shaped, and best of all, real TiVo .

Comments on it please? Comparisons with the Harmony models?

We like it all around, and we hope to have it soon.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

I love it. Greatest addition to the already great TiVo remote, but... The batteries do NOT last worth making the upgrade. I watch maybe 4 hrs of TiVo a night and I have had my Series3 with "glo" remote since mid-November. Tonight I am replacing the batteries for the second time. This will be my third set of batteries in as many months (less really). They need to fix this!

I have a Harmony remote for the rest of the A/V but can no longer use it for TiVo because (as I see it) there is no way to set it so it has address codes (like you would the TiVo dual-switch) to control only one of my two Tivo's.

Comment

I am surprised that even with 4 batteries instead of two they are still burning out on you

Comment

Originally posted by Scooter80 View Post
          I love it. Greatest addition to the already great TiVo remote, but... The batteries do NOT last worth making the upgrade. I watch maybe 4 hrs of TiVo a night and I have had my Series3 with "glo" remote since mid-November. Tonight I am replacing the batteries for the second time. This will be my third set of batteries in as many months (less really). They need to fix this!

I have a Harmony remote for the rest of the A/V but can no longer use it for TiVo because (as I see it) there is no way to set it so it has address codes (like you would the TiVo dual-switch) to control only one of my two Tivo's.
          Is it possible those batteries are old? We've seen pretty good endurance on these. Maybe you watch more TV at night . . .
          Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
          X