Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lifetime TiVo Service - FAQ

This might sound stupid, but are you saying that if I purchase a used Humax from an ebay seller, I can still buy/activate the lifetime service from Tivo?

Really not sure - but our new, unactivated Humax units (our refurbs qualify also) will work to get lifetime still. It's hard to say for Humax units from other places. If the unit is used, all bets are off.

Got another good one for you: is the lifetime service transferable if the seller used to work for Tivo?

Really, really hard to know, parrottrooper. But you can certainly try . . .

Follow-up to my lengthy post from June 5th about transferring lifetime subsciptions...

Tivo will NOT honor my $200 rebate. Error message specifically says that I have to activate "new" service to get the rebate. Transferring my pre-existing lifetime sub from my old Series 1 box to my new Series 3 HD box did not qualify. I knew that this might happen - was hoping I'd slip by. Oh, well, it sucks to be me.

Default DirecTV Tivo Box

Is it still true that if I have a Tivo lifetime subscription on my DirecTV account that I can add other DirecTV Tivo boxes and benefit from the original subscription? I have two DirecTV Tivo boxes one with HD and one without and would like to replace the one without HD with a Box with the HD. I have noticed a lot of these on ebay. Any advice?

Yes, that definitely still works. DirecTV assesses one fee for DVR service on the entire account, so one unit with lifetime service waives it across the entire account. Of course, you'll still have the mirroring or lease fee.

I recently purchased a DRT400 and the option for Lifetime service (priced the same as the 3 year option) was offered and did work. Now, If I can sort out why this thing locks up intemittantly when using the Tivo wireless network adapter, I'll be a happy camper.

Is the unit from us?

There are some strange WiFi issues with older software. Are you on 8.3 or later?

No, not from you, and it's currently on the latest version 8.3 (or was until I reinstalled the upgrade drive I just got back from WK, now it's on 8.1 until it upgrades and reboots).