This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DirecTV Tivo Box

Is it still true that if I have a Tivo lifetime subscription on my DirecTV account that I can add other DirecTV Tivo boxes and benefit from the original subscription? I have two DirecTV Tivo boxes one with HD and one without and would like to replace the one without HD with a Box with the HD. I have noticed a lot of these on ebay. Any advice?

Comment

Yes, that definitely still works. DirecTV assesses one fee for DVR service on the entire account, so one unit with lifetime service waives it across the entire account. Of course, you'll still have the mirroring or lease fee.
      Been here a long time . . .

Comment

I recently purchased a DRT400 and the option for Lifetime service (priced the same as the 3 year option) was offered and did work. Now, If I can sort out why this thing locks up intemittantly when using the Tivo wireless network adapter, I'll be a happy camper.

Comment

Is the unit from us?

There are some strange WiFi issues with older software. Are you on 8.3 or later?

Comment

No, not from you, and it's currently on the latest version 8.3 (or was until I reinstalled the upgrade drive I just got back from WK, now it's on 8.1 until it upgrades and reboots).

Comment

8.3 should do the trick.

Comment

No cost transfer

A follow up on deepblackhole's June experience. I just purchased an HD unit from Weakness, and with their helpful serial number information transferred my old Series 1 unit lifetime service. The old box was not old enough to qualify for the free transfer, but I got the transfer without the $199 payment (and, as dbh also experienced, without the additional year on the old box--who cares). (I was also VERY nice to the rep on the other end of the phone. )

Comment

Originally posted by Choirmaster View Post
                  A follow up on deepblackhole's June experience. I just purchased an HD unit from Weakness, and with their helpful serial number information transferred my old Series 1 unit lifetime service. The old box was not old enough to qualify for the free transfer, but I got the transfer without the $199 payment (and, as dbh also experienced, without the additional year on the old box--who cares). (I was also VERY nice to the rep on the other end of the phone. )
                  Congrats!!

Comment

Can I Transfer My Lifetime Service

I have an old Series 2 Tivo Box for cable, upgraded with a Weaknees hard disk about three years ago. I still have the original lifetime service on it. I am planning on going high-def in January and will of course want to transfer my lifetime service to a new Tivo HD box and will probably keep the old box for my non-HD TV.

I thought I recently (say 2 months ago?) received e-mail notices from both Tivo and Weaknees that I could do that transfer for free (or was it $199?) to a new HD-Tivo and also keep the free service going on my old box for one year. Now it seems the only thing available per the latest e-mail from Weaknees is a whopping $399 cost, but that's available to all existing Tivo subscribers. What is still available for me at both Tivo and Weaknees to minimize this transfer cost and when does it expire? Thanks.

Comment

If you have a unit that qualifies for the transfer, then you can get a TiVoHD from us and transfer your service for $199. This offer is good thru the end of January, but does not apply to all Series2 units. You can qualify your unit here:

www.tivo.com/hdservicetransfer

Comment

I tried to qualify my service number. I click 'Verify TSN' - nothing.

I know it is not a weaknees site, it is a tivo site, but it doesnt work

Comment

Is there another Lifetime FAQ? In case there isn't, I wanted to say that TiVo does offer Lifetime service again, and has for a while. It's priced at $399 though for some reason I'm eligible to pay only $299 (I'm coming up on the end of my first year).

Also I bought a used TiVo on eBay (with Lifetime Service transferred), might have been single-tuner with 40GB, and when the unit arrived it wouldn't go beyond the initial yellow screen. Probably a bad HD, and I considered replacing the HD, but it was about 4 years old. Instead I called TiVo and they sold me a new (refurbished) 649080 and transferred the Lifetime service onto it. Price was about $150 plus tax and I had to return the bad one (I actually did a cross-ship, they charged me about double that and then credited the extra back down to $150 when they received the bad one). Overall it got expensive but it was probably still cheaper than buying a new unit and adding Lifetime service. This unit has nothing to do with the one that's ending its first year in the previous paragraph.

=aw

Comment

Its amazing to have a TiVo box that have a lifetime service warranty.It can help us on how to spend money wisely. Hopefully if there are many problems regarding this lifetime service a customer representative should be always ready to help.
                            Last edited by jaz08; 03-18-2009, 07:53 AM.

Comment

This post doesn't make a lot of sense to me and makes me think I should prepare for an avalanche of forum spam, but just in case it's legit, I'd like to point out that "lifetime service" and a "lifetime service warranty" are two entirely different things.

Jaz08 - please don't spam our forums.

Comment

How to buy lifetime service?

This may qualify as a VSQ (very stupid question), but if I buy a WeaKnees Tivo HD box with some extra capacity, how do I order lifetime service for it?

Best,
                                Laird

Comment

Working...
                                X