Retrieving Content from Old Tivo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retrieving Content from Old Tivo

When my Series 2 stand alone died last year I replaced it with an HD model. I've been happy with the upgrade. I have since repaired the old unit (power supply issues) and would love to retrieve the content. Is this possible? Practical? via Tivo-to-Go? All help appreciated.

If both have a TiVo subscription, just network the two units and move the content over the network from one TiVo to the other.

Comment

There-In Lies the Rub

I was sort of afraid of that. I move my subscrition over from the S2 to the HD and was hoping to avoid a 2nd subscrition that I really only need long enough to complete the xfer. Any ideas?

Comment

Nope...you need that second unit subscribed to get content off.

Comment

I'm in a similar pickle. I have two series 2 Tivos, both with subscriptions on a network, one with a failing hard drive. Could I put a new hard drive in Tivo #1 (with the bad drive), and temporarily replace the good drive in my Tivo #2 with the failing hard drive from Tivo #1? Then I'd transfer my shows to Tivo #1, and finally remove the bad drive and put the good drive back in Tivo #2?

A lot drive swapping, but not too difficult.

Thanks for any suggestions,
          Ian

Comment

No, you can't move drives around like that. A drive from one TiVo cannot be put into another TiVo unless you wipe the drive and all of its contents. You can move shows to a PC, then swap drives, and move the content from the PC back to the new drive.

Comment

Working...
            X