Making the switch from DTV to Comcast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making the switch from DTV to Comcast

We are in the process of changing from DTV to Comcast which means I need all new Tivo boxes, right? I've been looking at all the information here but it's still very confusing. Here's what I'm thinking but wanted to see if there is anything I'm missing.

New S3 HD Tivo in the living room connected to the cable box (or should I request cablecard? and if so, do I need 1 or 2?)

New S2 dual tuner in the bedroom (no HD tv anyway). Do I need a cable box here? And a wireless network adapter?

And finally, it seems like our old shows will just be gone off the DTV Tivo, no way to transfer them, right?

Thanks for any additional advice on how to set up our house.

Edie

Starting with your old DTV unit, you can keep them running just for playback, if you want. Just disconnect the SAT cables before you turn off the DTV service.

For the living room, that sounds right. Get either one Multistream CableCARD or two Single Stream cards.

For the S2, if you get encrypted or digital channels, you'll need a cable box.

Both may need WiFi. Neither requires it, but it's either that, a phone line, or an ethernet connection for each.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Thanks, that's very helpful!

Comment

Working...
      X