DSR 708 image restore issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DSR 708 image restore issues

Please help I’m an IT person but have not had any linux exposure I am frustrated and this happens to be my wife’s TiVo for the Master Bedroom, to say the least she’s not happy with me right now.

I had a Maxtor 40 GB HD failure, I happened to have a extra 40 GB Maxtor and I also have an image file with a [.bak] extension. I began by downloading the weaknees iso image file for mfstools with lba support, I burned a bootable CD, then inserted in the computer a hd formatted with dos 32 bit with the backup.bak image on it, jumpers and cables are set for hda. Then inserted my 40 GB Maxtor also formatted with maxblast 3 dos 32 bit clean these jumper and cables settings are hdd. At this point I proceeded to boot from the CD following the steps in the weaknees “Interactive TiVo Upgrade Instructions” at the mfstools # I typed
    “mount /dev/hdw1 /mnt “ and hit enter error no drive found, I had to use hda1 instead of hdw1, It mounted but return a message of
    line 1 kmob: faild to exec / s bin/modprobe –s -k nls_cp437, errno=2
    Line 2 kmob: faild to exec / s bin/modprobe –s -k iso8859-1, errno=2
    Line 3 kmob: faild to exec / s bin/modprobe –s -k iso8859-1, errno=2
    Line 4 kmob: faild to exec / s bin/modprobe –s -k iso8859-1, errno=2

At this point thinking maybe a typo I re-entered the command this time I received “drive already mounted” so I continued with the second command on you sheet I typed
    “ Mfsrestore -r 4 -zpi /mnt/backup.bak /dev/hdz “ and hit enter “error no drive or directory found” I then replaced the hdz with hdd and hit enter again this time it returned with “ restore failed: “backup not large enough for entire backup by itself”.
Working...
X