Stuck on "Powering Up" only on warm reboot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stuck on "Powering Up" only on warm reboot

I have a Series 3 HD Tivo and and it appears that whenever there is a warm reboot, mainly after a software upgrade, the machine is stuck on "Powering Up". If I unplug it, wait a minute and restart it, there is no problem. I don't think I have a random reboot problem as I pretty sure every time I found my Tivo stuck like this, after I cold booted it there would be a message about a software upgrade. Awhile back I also tried restarting the system from the Tivo menus and it also hung. Any thoughts? I'd hate to have a software upgrade occur while I'm on vacation.

That was a known problem with a specific model of Western Digital hard drive, if I recall. Is the unit from us and/or does it have expanded capacity?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Yes, I ordered it from you and there is no expanded capacity.

Comment

I have this same problem. My series3 worked fine for the first year, then I did a HD upgrade. Since then, it always hangs on reboot from TiVo software upgrade, restart menu, or power cord if plugged right back in. If I wait at least 10 seconds before plugging the cord back in, it restarts correctly 90% of the time. Other than this, it works perfectly.

I upgraded to a 1TB WD Caviar HD (a couple years ago). It was the first green 1TB drive they had I believe. Is this the drive that had the problem? Is there any way to fix it or do I have to just live with it? Would the kickstarts help at all?

Comment

As we indicated, this is a known problem with certain WD model drives. I am surprised that a stock TiVo has the same problem, though. adrienned1, you might want to email us the order number and the problem so that we can look up your record.

Comment

Working...
          X