Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reuse Drive from WeaKnees

Hello,

I have two single tuner, standard definition Series 2 TiVos. One is a model TCD240040 and the other is a model TCD240080.

The TCD240080 has the original 80GB drive in it.

The TCD240040 has a new 1TB Western Digital drive in it from WeaKnees. I just installed this drive about two weeks ago as a replacement. I took a Maxtor QuickView Model 6L160PO 160GB PATA133 drive out of the TCD240040 that I got from WeaKnees about two or three years ago.

There was absolutely nothing wrong with the Maxtor QuickView drive that I removed. I just wanted to increase my capacity in the TCD240040.

Now I want to increase my capacity in my TCD240080. I would like to take the Maxtor QuickView drive that I just de-installed and use it to replace the 80GB drive that is the original drive in the TCD240080.

I don't see any reason why I cannot reuse my old drive in this way.

I understand that after doing the hardware swap I will have to perform a "clear everything" reset on the TCD240080. No problem. I have also done a couple of TiVo drive upgrade jobs so I am comfortable with doing that, too.

Just looking for confirmation of what I'm about to do from the community. Any input is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Flash

Yup - you'll just need the "clear and delete" and that should work fine between those two models.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Thanks Michael. Installed the drive, did a "clear and delete" and the guided setup. Now my old TCD240080 has double the capacity it did when it came out of the factory. Best of all, I got to recycle the 160GB hard drive that I took out of my other TiVo.

Again, thanks.

P.S. So, when do you guys at WeaKnees start putting out the Series 2 replacement kits based on 2TB hard drives? When you do I'll be in line for one.

Comment

There's a technical limit with drives and partitions larger than 1 TB. I'm not sure that that will ever change for Series2 units, but if it does, we'll be there!
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X