Please, Need help with new Upgrade Replacement Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please, Need help with new Upgrade Replacement Kit

I ordered an upgrade replacement kit with 320 GB harddrive to get more hours on my Directv Philips Series 2 (40 GB) DSR7000. New harddrive and adapter installed today, but it is stuck on the grey "powering up" screen. The old harddrive was working fine, I just wanted more hours. What can I do now? Would appreciate any help.

Hi. I had a similar problem with doing a hard drive upgrade recently. I went from a 160GB to a 1TB drive. The drive was a SATA drive and required an IDE to SATA interface card.

I installed everything as directed and ended up with the same problem as you described. Long story short I had WeaKnees send out another kit and found out that there was a problem with the first interface card. I installed the replacement card and everything is fine now.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Try just uninstalling and reinstalling the parts. You likely just have a loose connection in there somewhere.
      Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Thanks for your responses. You were right W-K Michael. It must have been just a loose connection. My new harddrive came with an adapter that I must not have plugged in tight enough. It seems to be workin fine now. Again, thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
        X