2nd H.D.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd H.D.

I'm thinking of reducing down to just 1 D.TV tivo unit ,I currently have 2 Samsung D.TV tivos.
    I recently had you guys format a new 200 g drive which I put into my S4080R model as a single drive upgrade and I also have my S4120R with the original 120 g drive and I'm thinking of taking the 200 g drive out of the 4080R
    and getting a twin breeze kit and sticking it into the 4120R and putting the 200g H.D.in as a 2nd drive there are currently no programs on the 200g drive,and since the original 120g drive has quite a few programs on it I want to be able to use it without losing my programs on it so I'm assuming that it would remain as master and the 200g would be the slave, would this work that way or does the 200g drive have to be reformatted ?.
    Also I've noticed that the new 200g HD thats in the S4080R unit says on system info ( IRD model S4120R ) and I'm just wondering why it says that instead of the S4080R that it's in or does it matter ?.

You would keep your data if you just add the unused drive to the 120, but it won't be recognized unless you have us reformat it for that purpose.

The exact model number of the unit in the System information is cosmetic only - all Samsung DirecTV TiVos use the same TiVo OS.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

2nd hd follow up

[QUOTE=WK-Michael;1256]You would keep your data if you just add the unused drive to the 120, but it won't be recognized unless you have us reformat it for that purpose.

So are you saying the original 120 hd wouldn't be recognized even though it's the original hd unit that came in the 4120 or the 200 hd from the 4080 wouldn't be recognized as a 2nd drive in the 4120 without formating the 200 hd again even though there's no programs on it ?

Comment

Exactly; factory (A) drives cannot be used as second drives without being wiped and reprogrammed.

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Jeff View Post
          Exactly; factory (A) drives cannot be used as second drives without being wiped and reprogrammed.
          OK so the 200g hd in the 4080 has to be wiped & programmed again in order to work as a 2nd drive with the original 120g factory A drive in the 4120,now that brings up another question if I stick the original 80g hd that I pulled out of the 4080 to replace with the 200g hd will the original 80g hd still function in the 4080 ? I figured I would put the original factory 80g A drive back in and then sell the 4080 on ebay rather then just having it sitting around taking up space and collecting dust.

Comment

Working...
          X