ps3 upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ps3 upgrade

I've upgraded my 80 gb hard drive with one of your 320 gbs was easy except the stick didn't have the correct up grade on it. But now i have the old hard drive (80gb) and put it in an external case, now the ps3 don't see it when i use the usb to get the movies I've loaded on to the old drive (80gb) is this lost info. I thought that the drive would be fine because it came out of the ps3 ( no need to format it to fat32 ). The computer don't see it ether, i wanted to use the drive as to down load, movies, pictures and stuff.

I don't get it - did you download the newer software? How long did you have the kit before you installed it?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

ps3 upgrade

The upgrade is fine. had to down load new upgrade from ps3 2.70. there must be something wrong with stick. Now the other thing is that my old hard drive an 80 gb (was fine not big enough) I was waiting for hard drive enclosier, before install, about 3 weeks, the 80gb is running but the ps3 and my computer can't see it. do I need to format it I thought that the ps3 would see it with no problem, what do I need to do. By the way the upgrade was very easy hat's off to you guy's, And the other thing is you should offer cases for old drives, to make them extermal.

Comment

The 80 GB drive isn't big enough for what? What are you trying to have it do? Do you want to maybe post a screen shot?

You really don't need the old drive for the upgrade at all.

Comment

ps3 upgrade (the upgrade is fine)

I want to use the 80gb drive to store and move files (movies) from computer to the ps3. I'm trying to under stand why the ps3 or the computer can't see the drive. the ps3 with the 320gb hard drive is fine, no problems. Now do i have to format the 80gb for the ps3 and computer to see it,( think of it as a large memory stick) to FAT32.
          And if I put the 80 back in the ps3, can i retrieve files I forgot to get off the 80gb drive. I want to thank you for being so paticent and trying to help. thank you

Comment

As far as I know, you can only move files over the network to the PS3. I personally haven't tried it with a USB drive, but it may work.

If you want to copy the files off the 80 GB drive that was in there originally, you need a third drive. See our PS3 upgrade with data transfer options.

Comment

ps3 upgrade

The answer to moving files to play station with a usb flash drive is yes, and the 8 gb drive will hold 5 movies, and you can take them off the ps3 for the computer. So my original question was, can I put the old 80 gb drive back in the PS3 remove files that I forgot to take, and will the ps3 see the drive with out formatting the 80 gb drive. When I'm done with the 80gb drive, do I format it to Fat 32 so as to use it for holding and transferring files, as you would a flash drive. I hope this helps to get us on the same page.

Comment

Yes, you can put it back in and it won't get formatted automatically.

Yes, after you're done, you can make it a FAT32 drive for PC use.

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Michael View Post
                  I don't get it - did you download the newer software? How long did you have the kit before you installed it?
                  doesn't that only applly to the slim, installing the firmware before formatting the new drive

Comment

Nope - all units.

Comment

Hum... Didn't know you could put movies on a PS3 other than via the DVD drive. Guess I'll have to look into that and use my PS3 a bit more providing it's not a hack required. Actually, time to go watch a movie on it now.

Comment

And you can also stream via Netflix now . . .

http://www.weaknees.com/netflix

Comment

Working...
                        X