tivo tbc2400a4 is it dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tivo tbc2400a4 is it dead

Ok so we have are tivo for 5 years and it is with the lifetime service. Last week the screen went grey and was trying to restart . then it went black and there was no lights on the front of it. I orderd a new hard drive and power chip for it off weaknees and after i put them in there was still no joy

We also have comcast cable ane i had heard that if you didnt have a HD tivo that when they change to HD my tivo wont work .
    How can i get my tivo working again and not have to pay 300 for a new one and 300 for a new lifetime service and not have my wife hang herself because her crap MTV shows cant be seen
    Also should i send the parts i got off weaknees back to them ( i would like to keep the hard drive cause it was an up grade from 40g to 160g. Please help

So with the new power supply you still get no lights on the front of the unit, and no video out at all?

If so, one option is to return the parts and do our flat fee repair:

http://www.weaknees.com/tff-repair.php
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

yea thats what i was thinking of doing , but when comcast changes to HD will we still be able to use our tivo or do we have to get an HD TIVO ???

Comment

I'm not aware of Comcast changing to all HD.

Comment

Working...
        X