HomePlug PowerLine Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HomePlug PowerLine Turbo

How does the HomePlug Powerline Turbo work with Comcast Broadband? Do I have to plug an ethernet cable in to the Turbo? If not, how do i get programming.?

Yes - you plug an ethernet cable into each adapter, and each adapter into the wall. The type of broadband really doesn't matter at all - this just bridges ethernet through your power lines.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Thanks for the info. I figured it had to connect by ethernet, I just wanted to make sure before I order it. Thanks again.

BTW-Has anyone used this device and if so, does it work as well as hard wired?

Comment

You probably didn't want me to answer, but here's my two cents: we use them at the office, and we don't notice the difference between that and a regular wire.

I also use these at home, and I have some ancient wiring in there, and, again, they're seamless.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

I welcome & appreciate any help from anyone. Thanks for your input. Since you have personal experience with the HomePlug, that's good enough for me. Now I can order them with confidence. But I do have one more question. I ordered two blank hard drives for my two TiVo's that have dead drives. After ordering them, I found out that blank drives don't work unless they are "programmed" for the Tivo. Does anyone know how this is done?

Comment

See:

http://www.weaknees.com/misc.php

Comment

Thanks for the link. I appreciate the help. Have a great day.

Comment

Working...
              X