After Upgrade, freezes on Powering Up" page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After Upgrade, freezes on Powering Up" page

I was having issues with frequent rebooting, and my R10 would freeze up almost everynite, requiring a reboot. I replaced my 80gig with a 160gig (might as well increase size a little while I'm at it) and now it will not boot past the yellow "Welcome Powering Up" page. All the connections were fine. This was a SATA drive with the IDE adapter. Any Suggestions???

Thanks

Swapped the original HD back into unit, boots right up. Could the new replacement drive be defective?

Comment

I'm having exactly the same problem. Philips DSR704. Purchased a 320GB upgrade kit. Drive came with the adapter board. Unit is stuck on "Welcome. Powering up..." screen.

Going to try putting back in my old two drives now (original 40GB + a 5-year-old 160GB WK upgrade).

Comment

ah, may have figured it out. The note with the adapter says that it is pre-set at the company, but should have a jumper on any single-drive replacement. There is no jumper on this adapter.

...and that fixed it. Installed the jumper that was included in the little plastic bag, and now I'm into the "almost there. just a few minutes more..." part. Phew!

Comment

My jumper is in place, for this single drive replacement, so that isn't my problem. Thanks for the reply though.

Comment

edwardo -

Are you sure the blue end of your IDE connector is securely in the motherboard?
            Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Yes, just checked,all connectors are plugged in properly. Just tried the new drive yet again, hangs at welcome screen.

Thanks

Comment

Is it possible you ordered for the wrong model number? Can you either post your order number or email us the info to [email protected]?

Comment

Ordered for R10, which is correct.

order #604386

unit is R10, and instructions included are for the correct model.

thanks

Comment

I found the problem I believe, I'm currently working my way through setup, as it booted this time. The jumper on the IDE/SATA drive adapter was defective. The contacts inside the jumper were not making contact with both pins. I replaced the jumper with an extra one I had, and it booted.

Thanks for the responses.

Comment

Just as a follow-up, replacing the hard drive did not solve my problems. R10 unit is till locking up at night. Will have to research this forum a little more I guess. Imagine I'll have to replace the whole unit.

Comment

Maybe power issues? See this info:

http://www.weaknees.com/protect.php

Comment

Originally posted by edwardo View Post
                          I found the problem I believe, I'm currently working my way through setup, as it booted this time. The jumper on the IDE/SATA drive adapter was defective. The contacts inside the jumper were not making contact with both pins. I replaced the jumper with an extra one I had, and it booted.

Thanks for the responses.
                          I was also hung at the powering up screen. After reading this I took the jumper off and reseated it. Now I'm at the guided setup. Thanks for the pointing me in the right direction.

Comment

I still can't see how the jumper isn't making contact, but that's great!

Comment

Working...
                            X