Backing up S2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backing up S2

About two months ago, I bought two new upgrade drives which were Western Digital 750GBs each. These are the new green AV drives. Now, 2 months later, the one drive that's currently running is beginning to show signs of failure. I'd like to do an MFSBackup of the software (and settings if possible). This is not an option listed on the Interactive guide. I'm not very well versed with Linux command structure, but do understand it's syntax. I would like to get a backup made of the drive before it fails. I've already transferred the recordings I want to keep and have done a permanent delete of everything else from the operating drive. With the second drive I got I would like to be able to do a restore, which I believe there are instructions for. Can anyone help me with the backup command line and any pertinent switches to get the OS alone with current settings backed up??

Really, any backup will include the settings. Frankly, there isn't really a way to do a backup without settings, with those tools. So just a normal backup sounds like what you're looking for.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
    X