Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TiVo HD not booting after HD replacement...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TiVo HD not booting after HD replacement...

Recently (and frustratingly, just after the one-year warranty period had expired), our TiVo HD started randomly rebooting.

Ran the TiVo kickstart tests, to find that the internal drive was failing.

Ordered a new HD from WK and installed it this morning... and now the TiVo won't boot. It stays at the "just a few minutes more..." screen, and goes no farther.

I'm running the kickstart tests again, on the new drive, and so far it is passing with flying colors. I've also made sure the data/power connector was firmly seated in the HD.

What next? Help!

Stephen

Well, maybe it's the new hard drive that is at issue: faced with no TV until at least Monday, I reinstalled the old HD (the one which failed the kickstart-54 tests) and the TiVo unit came up. Back to square one with that, but now I'm wondering if the WK drive I received is DOA.

Another question: this is a TiVo HD unit, and at the moment I have the TiVo-supplied 160GB internal drive, and a 500GB external (eSATA) drive. Will I be able to use the external drive with a WK-supplied replacment internal drive?

Comment

First, no - the new drive from us won't see your external.

Sorry to hear about the problems. Have you tried the drive from us again, just to see if maybe it was a loose connection?
      Been here a long time . . .

Comment

I've run into a similar problem, and everything seems to point to the new WK drive. I even bought a second Tivo unit to swap components out to see what was wrong.

Comment

OK - have you emailed us your order number?
          Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
          X