Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Secondary volume header corrupt, giving up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Secondary volume header corrupt, giving up.

Greetings!

Our Tivo has been acting up, ran the HD diag, it claimed nothing. Ordered a new HD anyway.
    Attempting to copy old to new, using the weaknees boot disk & all I can get is this error:

Primary volume header corrupt, trying backup.
    Secondary volume header corrupt, giving up.

Tried copying & backing up, both the same.
    Tivo still boots & runs, just locks up, freezes & pixelates a lot.

Anyway to force it to copy anyway? I knowwhen I use Ghost, I can force it to copy anyway, ignoring errors.
    I'm guessing if I get a copy I'm good to go with all of our old programs saved.

Otherwise someone will be very mad at me if they lose thier Grey's Anatomy from last week.

Thanks!

Sorry to say, it looks like you'll have to get Grey's Anatomy from iTunes.

With a drive in that situation, you've really got little or no chance of getting the data off there.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Well cr@p!
      Thing still boots up & runs "fine"

Further reasearch leads me to think it has something to do with the WD expander I added early this year?

Thanks

Comment

Well, yeah, if you don't have that connected when you try to do the upgrade, you'll have major problems. You didn't mention that in the first post.

You should just do a "dd" from the old drive to the new. That should do it. You won't be able to get any extra space from the deal, but you should be able to use the new drive with the Expander.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Didn't think of the expander till I started searching the web....

Hmm, so half of the 320 I just bought from you would be wasted...
          Can I copy with both drives connected? Or replace the expander drive at the same time? & duplicate both drives at the same time?

Thanks

Comment

IF you know only one drive is bad, you can copy that one drive using dd to another drive. Otherwise, you'd have to copy both drives.

Comment

Working...
            X