HD Tivo Display shaky, horizontal lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HD Tivo Display shaky, horizontal lines

HD Tivo two years old. Display works, but is getting lots of horizontal lines about 1-3 pixels high that are dark or light and very rapid. Best way to explain is that it looks like the cords are loose and not connected well. Very pronounced on the Tivo menus and happens on both live and playbacks.
    Have narrowed it down to the Tivo by process of elimination including different cables, different TVs, RCA vs. Component out, and trying the unit in another house.

Tivo's solution is.. you got it... buy another unit. Can really use some help for self diagnosing and/or remedy for this.

It sure sounds like interference. I assume when you brought it to another house, you did not use your surge protector or anything like that. Did you try a different power cord?

Comment

that is the one cord i did not try to switch out. also my neighbor also has fios, any idea if that throws off anything to interfere

Comment

FiOS shouldn't hurt, if you didn't plug it in.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

did with two other power cords in two spots in the house yesterday. same problem. racking my brain, as we added no new electronics to the house to cause this. any other ideas?

Comment

So same unit in another house does the same thing? Then it's got to be the unit. Maybe try a new power supply? We have replacements here:

http://www.weaknees.com/tivops.php
            Been here a long time . . .

Comment

really want to isolate problem before i started replacing parts. is there anything i can test inside the unit to isolate more?

Comment

Unfortunately not.

Comment

Working...
                X