Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new WK Apple TV Questions

Hi Guys,

I have a few questions about my AppleTV. First off, thanks.. I love it and I am more than half way to filling up the drive. My questions...

I have a HD 16x9 TV but the movies are still letter box? I have the AppleTV set to 1080i. Is that because some movies are more letter boxed than others? However, if I watched the same movies via HBO or something, it would fill the screen. The receiver I have it going thru is set to just pass the signal out.

I have a lot of books on tape.. I don't want them synced to the AppleTV. I've set them in the options as 'do not shuffle'. Will that work? Will that sync automatically now? Or do I have to restore it and sync again?

Thanks

Audiobooks: You'd have to exclude them specifically in the sync from your iTunes.

For movies, are these from the iTunes store?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Michael View Post
      Audiobooks: You'd have to exclude them specifically in the sync from your iTunes.

For movies, are these from the iTunes store?
      Audiobooks: I did that after the initial sync.. do I have to restore it to sync properly or will it happen over time?

Yes, I ordered the new Star Trek in HD from ITunes.. The other was Mama Mia that came with a digital version with the purchase of the DVD.

Comment

For the audiobooks, if you've excluded them in your iTunes, you should be set permanently on that front.

Some movies aren't in 16:9 format - they're wider (2.39:1, I think), so they still get letterboxed on 16:9 screens a bit.

Comment

Some movies aren't in 16:9 format - they're wider (2.39:1, I think), so they still get letterboxed on 16:9 screens a bit.

I finally looked at the trailers on Apple TV and they were in the right format so your explanation makes sense.

One final question, why doesn't my YouTube account's favorites not make it to the AppleTV? I have logged in but it seems to make no difference.

Does it matter that I let the Apple TV upgrade to the newer version of the software?

Comment

I'm not sure that the YouTube implementation is any different in the next version of the software, so I doubt that's it.

Any time you have API access to a media source, you'll generally get different features than the original website.

Comment

I'm not sure that the YouTube implementation is any different in the next version of the software, so I doubt that's it.

Any time you have API access to a media source, you'll generally get different features than the original website.

Thank you for your help!!!

Happy Holidays

Comment

Working...
              X